Purpose: The Communication Committee will prepare and publish communication materials promoting the ministry of Knox United Church.
Membership: As required.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- arrange for the preparation and publication of the Annual Report;
- oversee Observer records and distribution;
- prepare and publish Knox News;
- set a policy on the publication of items in the Knox News;
- determine policy to advertise events at Knox to the Community through newspapers, door-to-door circulars, radio and television, etc.;
- prepare special publications such as the Knox brochures and printed material for the Visitors Welcome package, in conjunction with the Welcoming Ministry Team
- co-ordinate the production of Congregational Photo Directories and special publications, such as the Knox History update, and Windows of Faith Book.
- monitor church bulletin boards and update information on them; publicize Presbytery workshops and special events information.
- oversee the update and maintenance of the church website
- oversee the activities and initiatives of a Welcoming Ministry Team.