Purpose: The Stewardship Committee is responsible for the overall stewardship level of the congregation, in terms of the faithful use of both financial and spiritual gifts, including local, regional and national needs. The Committee will work to ensure that the full financial potential of the congregation is realized and keep in perspective the proportion of money allocated for local needs and contributed for the wider work of the Church through the Mission and Service Fund.
Membership: As required
Roles and Responsibilities:
The roles and responsibilities of the Stewardship Committee are outlined in The Manual and include:
- to interpret to the Pastoral Charge why the funds are needed and how they will be expended;
- to keep in perspective and under review the proportion of money spent locally and regionally in relation to the amount provided for the wider work of the church through the Mission and Service Fund;
- to cultivate knowledge and conviction concerning the mission of the church in all its aspects, among all age groups and by all media available;
- to make available to the Pastoral Charge the material issued through the relevant General Council units;
- to secure commitment and participation in the mission of the church by the Pastoral Charge through the use of approved methods of church finance. To this end, the Committee shall organize periodic visitations for stewardship purposes;
- to report regularly to the Church Council and prepare an annual report for the Pastoral Charge;
- to conduct a spiritual gift inventory periodically in co-operation with the Minister(s);
- to conduct an annual stewardship program in which members and adherents will be encouraged to commit their gifts of time, talent and money to the work of the Church.
The Heritage Fund Committee
- The Stewardship Committee shall receive financial statements and updates on the status of the Knox Heritage Fund and the Heritage Fund Committee shall report periodically to the Church Council through the Stewardship Committee.
The Events Committee
- The Stewardship Committee shall liaise with and provide oversight of the activities and initiatives of the Events Committee. The Events Committee shall report periodically to the Church Council through the Stewardship Committee.