19 Nov, 17
Worship Times: 10:00am Please Note: The Combined Mandarin/English worship service will be held on November 5, the first Sunday of…
- Welcoming Ministers from Other LandsThe first minister to be appointed in Canada under the Mutual Recognition of Ministry Personnel program says there is one big difference between his homeland of the Philippines and Winnipeg, where he now lives. “It’s not just cold here, but very cold,” says the Rev. Noel Suministrado. In 2015, as directed by the 42nd General […]
- Advent Offerings from the United ChurchAdvent, the beginning of the church year and a season of preparation for Christmas, starts on Sunday, December 3. There are many ways to get involved, as an individual or as a faith community. Advent Unwrapped: Explore the themes of hope, peace, joy, love, and Christmas through regular blog posts, prayers, and thematic videos. Put […]
- Government Matching Donations to Rohingya CrisisThe crisis facing the Rohingya people fleeing to Bangladesh continues to deepen. Exact numbers are unknown, but some estimates are as high as 900,000 people having arrived in Bangladesh. Bangladesh, one of the poorest nations in the world, has little capacity to respond to the extreme needs and high numbers of displaced Rohingya people. Mission […]
- Somalia, South Sudan: United Church Supports Food AssistanceIn one of the programs that has received support from our Extreme Hunger Appeal, the Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA) is working in the Baidoa District in southwestern Somalia, with around 1,040 households. Many of these families are newly displaced from rural areas because they have run out of food and lost livestock and […]
- Fraudulent Email ConcernsWe have become aware of a very clever but fraudulent email targeting some of our contacts. Please note we have not sent out any personalized solicitation emails for funds recently. Don’t open any attachments or links. Delete the email. For best practices, we also suggest you change your password for your email account.