Finance and Administration Committee
Purpose: The Finance and Administration Committee will be responsible for the oversight of the finances of the congregation.
Membership: As required.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- prepare an annual budget, in consultation with the Chairpersons of the various Standing Committees, reflecting the anticipated needs of all committees and church obligations for subsequent approval of the Church Council and receipt and approval by the Congregation;
- maintain regular accounts of the Congregation’s finances;
- design, order and distribute offering envelopes;
- arrange for counting and banking of Sunday offerings
- prepare regular financial statements for presentation to the Church Council and Congregation;
- keep up-to-date Congregational membership information and member’s financial records
- prepare annual consolidated report of Receipts and Disbursements as required by the United Church of Canada;
- prepare government forms, annual statements and Charitable Return;
- prepare and administer payroll and benefits program;
- prepare and issue income tax receipts;
- pay all accounts due by the Congregation;
- participate with the Stewardship Committee and Board of Trustees with regard to the financial needs, goals and strategies of the Congregation;
- manage office supplies and equipment;
- provide financial guidance to the Church Council and Congregation.