Christian Education Committee
Purpose: The Christian Education Committee will develop and support the Christian education of all children and youth within the congregation.
Membership: As required including a representative of the Church School teachers. Staff support will be provided by the Coordinator of Christian Education.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Manual describes the requirements for a Christian Education Committee, including:
- provide a Church School and Nursery;
- meet with teachers at least once each year;
- recruit teachers and leaders;
- sponsor teacher training events;
- review, evaluate and select Church School curriculum;
- keep a record of children in the Congregation;
- arrange for a covenanting service for Church School teachers and others working with children, in co-operation with the Worship Committee;
- facilitate confirmation classes with the Minister(s);
- sponsor fellowship programs, such as the Advent and Lenten events;
- care of audio-visual material and equipment.